Junos, Rockstars and Leather Jackets: Questions of Style





Ok so there is a trend going on in the music world.  One might say the world of the rockstar has always been saturated with the leather jacket but the last few years this has not been the trend.  Ive given a lot of thought about rockstars and trends since I started my Himel Brothers brand and started making leather jackets.  For anyone in fashion the ability to court the stars is a recipe for success.  At least twice a week my friends suggest I give away a jacket to this star or that star.  Well I have a strong reaction to these ideas.  Firstly I have no budget to give away jackets.  But secondly and most importantly, I believe that in
order to value something it must be purchased.  There must be a desire and a true love for a garment in order to wear it and cherish it!

Now this week was the Canadian music awards otherwise know as the Junos.  For most of you  out in the world you would be unaware of what a Juno is.  We in Canada however are very proud of our little version of the Grammy's.  For most of the world Canadian musicians are usually associated with being American.  So our artists are typically "undercover".

This years Juno's were hosted by Drake (formerly of Degrassi).  If you don't know who he is I can not help you.  But if you look at some of the winners you will notice a new emerging trend.  Many of the winners are sporting brand new leather jackets.  From K'naan to Daniel Lanois, the leather jacket seems to be a hot commodity.  Me, I didnt think the ones chosen were ideal.  Mostly they looked plastic like and fairly generic.  I of course am a snob.  Most
artists do not choose their own wardrobes but have them picked by stylists.  So while I am not going to criticize the stylists for these artists I will definitely give "ups" to McGraw's stylist for choosing a black and white two tone 1960s Brooks jacket for his country video.  That is an excellent choice for rockstar leather!

I am proud of all my Canadian music artists and their jackets.  I hope they will come see me soon for their next one!




Comments

  1. I thought Ben Mulroney's leather suit looked great. It was a nice change from his normally sanitized image and he really pulled it off. Why more guys don't wear leather pants is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the trend toward leather...and I agree a good pair of pants rocks...Im more prone to real grain animal leathers ...not a lambskin fan but hell one persons leather is another persons plastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing to my site. Keep in mind if you comment anonymously I cannot respond personally as there will be no email address. Please make sure you include your email so I can respond quickly to any comments and sign up for my feed and you can be updated on my new blithering

Popular Posts