Halloween and the Rise of the Dead!!!!





I like to think of myself as an intriguing mix of Alfred E. Newman meets Steve McQueen. This year for Halloweeny instead of my usual fare, Nance and I dug into the archive of vintage leather and went as dead 40s bikers. I considered it an homage to all those people who lived hard, died and left me their fantastic apparel. In some way their spirits live on in their leathers so we donned the garbs and went aspookin. This was a nice prelude to some interviews I'm doing with some real old time club bikers who are nice enough to share some picture and stories from their day. I'm wearing a Buco police jacket and a pair of Score (Toronto) 1940s copy Harley jodhpurs with 1940s harness boots and a 1930s military belt, Nance is in a 1940s Cycle Queen, some 1950s flat track racing pants and we both have on early riding gauntlets. Halloween was...awesome!

Comments

  1. Very rad. Must've had a lot of explaining to do to those not in the know, but really rad. Nance's pants make my mouth water.

    I have a pair of 1950's ladies motorcycle boots at home in white leather. Very cool but mostly just sitting around the room for display. If you're interested I'll send you a picture -- though they probably won't compare to your gems, they're cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome, we love old white leather especially rare leather, and yes she is damn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing to my site. Keep in mind if you comment anonymously I cannot respond personally as there will be no email address. Please make sure you include your email so I can respond quickly to any comments and sign up for my feed and you can be updated on my new blithering

Popular Posts